Thursday, November 03, 2005

It is finally in the mail...My letter to RA!

“It is finally in the mail…My letter to RA!”


I have finally written a letter to the god now known worldwide as RA that won’t shame me!  HOORAY!!  It’s only the TWELFTH draft.  How humiliating to admit.

It was beginning to become a yoke around my neck.  I had started it way back on 24th of July with such heartfelt enthusiasm.  As the months dragged along, I began to hate it.  Even thot that I shouldn’t send one and keep my record pristine.  Which record, you might ask.  Well, the “I don’t write fan letters” record, of course.  After all, it’s such a one-way street.  The letter-writer thinks that he/she knows so much about the letter-receiver based on a bunch of observed stuff from performances and impressions from interviews.

Once it’s been written then the doubts begin to rear their ugly, little, confidence-draining heads.  It’s so stupid!  He’s going to think you’re such a jerk when he reads this.  It’s so long; he probably won’t read it anyway.  It will get lost in the mail and you’ll never know because he wouldn’t answer it anyway.  Or even worse, he hated it because it was so BORING!

You know real encouraging things like that!  LOL!

Anyway, qui sait?  

Communication only occurs when I transmit from my experience and the other party receives from his.

Let’s just hope that he receives it, is not morally offended by it, might even like it, decides I am worthy of an autographed pic, and has at least one lovely, pensive “manly man” shot of PT in “ILM” which he whisks off from a stack of gorgeous photographs, writes some lovely personalized message with a flourish, and signs it his usual, “Love, Richard XX.”

If no…well, I will survive.  It would just be fun to hear from him and to get a lovely signed photograph that I could put up on the wall with my others.  Oh, that’s right!  I don’t have any others.  My wall is completely blank.  Hmm…what a sorry creature I am!

Fanfic update…am now working on three stories concurrently.  And had another idea tonight but want to hold off starting it until I finish at least one of the others.  This dripping cold has really held back the wheels of progress this week.  Normally, I can whip these suckers off in no time, editing and all.  Especially with a hungry, reading public looking for them.

Guess maybe I’ll load up on watching “SH” and “CF” tonight for inspiration.  Usually does the trick.  Fill my greedy eyes with moving moments in time of the afore-mentioned god in a couple of fav roles.  Might throw in a bit of Doc Alec as an added inducement.

Actually almost had a real meal for dindin tonight for the first time since Saturday night.  Picked up boychick and Boo Boy and went to our fav deli.  Decided to order a yummily-described turkey dinner with stuffing and all the trimmings.  Service was atrocious.  The crabbies came upon me when they started out by giving me the wrong tea and NO lemon or honey.  Food was tepid at best when it finally served.  By the time the waiter got around to checking with me, I bitched and he quaked.  Told him to give me a hot dinner to go since the other two were practically finished with their meals.  He brought that one fast enough though so I relented and told boychick to give him a tip after all.  

As we were leaving, my opened purse caught on booth, tipped over, and everything fell out all over the floor.  I picked up all my belongings and we came home.  Reached inside purse for a ciggy poo and NO ciggy pack.  And it was brand new pack too!  Obviously, the creepy, little booger hid itself under the booth.  Had to hotfoot it down to the gas station to get another pack, feeling guilty as this was second trip there today.  May appear to be a ciggy addict to cashiers.  Just wanted one!  Wasn’t even planning a marathon smoke fest due to residual cough from cold.  As this is my only known vice, I felt justified in that walk to ciggy Mecca for more.

Oh, and my dinner?  Still sitting on kitchen counter in its handy carry home bag.  Somehow lost my appetite for real food.  This, after eating nothing but chicken noodle soup for meal after meal, interspersed with an occasional ham sandwich for days.

Sounds childish when I read all that back.  Like I’m punishing the good food or something.  LOL!  Or perhaps am masochistic toward myself.

Time to lure kitty boys in for the night.  Luv to look over on my bed and see those furry boys lolling around in total relaxation, except for Fluffy Guy who walks around meowing for the first hour of enforced captivity.  Eventually, he perches somewhere and begins the licking and grooming process.

Can’t think of anything clever to say in closing…might have noticed that clever is absent throughout most of this entry.  Blame it on the cold.  It has taken down lesser women than I!

Here’s a pleasant, warming thot…

RA Rulez!

LDB

_____________________

PT          =      Philip Turner (RA character in “ILM:IDP”)
ILM          =     Inspector Linley Mysteries, 2005 (“In Divine Proportion” RA Ep)
SH          =     Sparkhouse (Red Productions, 2002)
CF          =     Cold Feet (Series 5)
Doc Alec     =     Dr Alec Track (RA character in “TGH”)
TGH          =     The Golden Hour (ITV, 2005)
Boychick     =     My blue-eyed TDH son
Boo Boy     =     His blue-eyed SDH son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home