Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Our Golden Richard Shines in "TGH"

Our Golden Richard…Shines Brightly!


Just happened to see Ep 1 of “The Golden Hour” last night.  It definitely held my attention thoroughly.

After all of the negativity posted on the C19 MBs “TGH” threads about this ep, I was expecting it to be really lame.  I was quite pleasantly surprised at the overall slick look of the show and I really liked the way that they used increasingly updated flashbacks to tell the back stories.  Much more interesting than regular ones.

Of course, RA looked incredibly handsome in every shot.  Especially when he was trolling around in a black tee shirt with his OJS around his hips.  But that’s to be expected.

Lots of those small, secret smiles that I luv.

Even liked the other characters all right.  Although, they seemed to be acting while RA was just being.  His character is calm, assured, sensitive, and it seems almost somewhat shy.  He does shy superbly.  Lots of profile shots of his left side.  He must prefer that side but I really like his right side better at times.

He looks soooooooooo tall in this series!  And even the OJS isn’t as obnoxious as I thot it would be.  I luv seeing his over-sized name tag and emblazoned on his back is a huge “DOCTOR” patch.

It just seems so odd to see him in this new role.  I’m so used to seeing him at JT and JS.

Especially since I watch the 3rd ep of “SH” nearly every night.  I luv seeing him all scruffy-haired at the beginning and then the whole transformation before and after the haircut scene.  It is just such a physical actor.  But, it’s almost like he crawls right inside his characters and closes up the entry point.  He inhabits JS so thoroughly and makes me believe that he’s real while I’m watching “SH.”

He did the same thing with JT…in fact, he does it with all of his characters.   And each one is very different.  I really like him as Paul in “BTS” also.  He finds the truth of his characters and brings them to life so appealingly.

Damn!  I ‘m listening to a Keith Urban album right now and it’s just making me way too mellow!

Plus, I’m thinking about that sinkful of dirty dishes that keeps whispering my name!  “LBD…come wash us…the maid comes tomorrow!”  I always tidy up before she gets here and wash all the dishes because she doesn’t know where they go.  Also, I’m just a tad anal about someone else washing my dishes.  What a goofball I am!


Hmmm…back to Ricardo!  I wonder what he’s like IRL.  What he thinks of all of this fervor.  All of us seem to be in the same type of befuddled state.  Not really understanding why we’ve become such teeny swooners over an actor.  More precisely, over the characters he’s created, especially JT.

I can’t even let myself watch “N&S” that much because it is just too powerful emotionally.

Huh!  Did I just type those dumb-sounding words?  Moi?  See, that’s what I mean.  He’s even stripped pride away from us.  LOL!

Better head off to pre-clean before the cleaning lady arrives!

Later and never forget…

RA Rulez!

LDB




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home